Calling All Meyer Prep Student Artists and Writers!
We have an amazing opportunity to participate in a local art and poetry contest for the Alpert Jewish Family Services of Palm Beach County. The No EXCUSE for ABUSE Poster and Poem Contest is open to all elementary and middle school students to create an art piece and/or write a poem with one or more of the following topic(s): Bullying, Teen Dating Abuse, or Healthy Friendships/Relationships.
Please discuss this positive and serious message of this contest topic at home and we encourage all to participate. Meyer Prep students have been very successful in this competition in the past and have taken 1st place in both the elementary and middle school categories and many 2nd and 3rd place and honorable mention winners.
Please create your artwork and poetry at home according to the following requirements:
- All entries must be completed on a white piece of paper 8 ½ ” x 11” in any medium.
- Students can submit both an artwork and a poem.
- Poems can be hand-written or typed and can be creative with the text and layout.
- Only individual submissions will be accepted (no collaborations please).
- The layout may either be landscape or portrait.
- Please make sure your full name, age, grade, address, phone number, and school, is clearly marked on the back of the artwork that is submitted.
- ALL artwork will become the property of Alpert JFS.
- There will be a first, second, and third place winner for elementary and middle school student categories and cash prizes will be awarded. All winners will have their artwork and poetry displayed at the virtual No EXCUSE for ABUSE LUNCHEON held on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. First-place winners will receive a complimentary ticket to attend.
The deadline for submission to Mrs. Turk is Friday, January 5, 2021.
Please click here for additional information or contact Mrs. Turk at firstname.lastname@example.org.